A programmable logic controller (PLC) or programmable controller is an industrial digital computer which has been ruggedized and adapted for the control of manufacturing processes, such as assembly lines, or robotic devices, or any activity that requires high reliability control and ease of programming and process fault diagnosis.
—Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programmable_logic_controller, accesses 1/23/2020)
A variety of configurations are available for customizing your Clayton steam generation system to your specific needs. These PLC Control Systems are highly-reliable system controls that can be customized to interface with the most demanding plant systems. Ethernet, MOD Bus and other interface options are available so Clayton can best match your system.
The advantages of PLC control systems include:
- a simplified control panel resulting in less maintenance than with relay logic systems.
- improved response to widely varying steam demands, while maintaining steam pressure.
- easier interconnection of steam boiler control system to plant monitoring and control systems.
- easy access to operating and control information.
- easy selection of control settings.
Master lead/lag systems are also available for multiple-unit systems, either hardwired or through Ethernet connections.
The latest linkless servo-based burner management control systems are used on all Clayton Steam Generators to interface with the main PLC controllers.
See Boiler and Steam Definitions for terms.
For Clayton Steam Boilers for sale and steam generator service, contact your local Clayton representative.