Performs variety of tasks including installation of apparatus and control instrumentation used to test experimental or prototype mechanical, electrical, electromechanical, hydro-mechanical, or structural products, and conducts tests and records results by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Confers with engineering personnel to resolve fabrication problems relating to specifications and to review test plans such as types and cycles of tests, conditions under which tests are to be conducted, and duration of tests.
- Examines parts for conformance with dimensional specifications.
- Coordinates and participates in installing unit or system to be tested connecting valves, pumps, hydraulic, mechanical or electrical controls, cabling, tubing, power source, and indicating instruments.
- Activates controls to apply electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or mechanical power and subject test item to successive steps in test cycle.
- onitors controls and instruments and records test data for engineer’s use.
- Troubleshoots equipment malfunction such as valves, gaskets, gas pressure and air flow servos, nozzles, burner units, pumps, electric motors and electric control panels.
- Testing will occur using natural gas and diesel fuel.
- erform hydrostatic testing of boilers.
- Employee will be required to use natural gas, diesel, electricity, steam and hot water for generator testing.
- Experience with Low emission burners and related equipment is a plus but not a requirement.
- Must have good communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports. Bi-lingual ability to speak and comprehend Spanish a plus.
Basic mathematical skills equivalent to a high school education level required.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft- Excel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for this position, please click on this link: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/1ee86464