Summary: Plans and conducts activities concerned with the quality assurance of industrial processes, materials, and products by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Beyond those listed below, other duties may be assigned by management at their discretion.
- Interprets engineering drawings/sketches/illustrations, schematic diagrams, build instructions, ASME standards for welding & welder qualifications, and confers with QA management and/or engineering to determine quality standards applicable.
- Plans and conducts the analysis, inspection, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of the assigned product or component.
- Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
- Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
- Reviews all purchased products or components and provide input to the decision of whether to accept the product and future purchases from the vendor.
- Prepares Non-Conforming Inspection Reports (NCRs) as necessary.
- Documents data obtained during all quality assurance activities, consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities.
- Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
- Prepares reports to communicate involvement and results of quality assurance activities.
- Prepares and presents technical and program information to team members and management.
- Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance codes and standards.
- Works with the ASME/National Board, Hartford, and other third-party inspectors.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no direct supervisory responsibility.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: An Associate’s degree (AA or AS) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and a minimum of 5 years of related experience in the QA field.
The ability to read and interpret shop drawings, engineering documentation, ASME/DNV/PED/TSSA/ABS & other code standards & documentation, safety rules, operation & maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. The individual must be PC literate with MS Word, Excel, & Access and have the ability to prepare coherent & professional written reports and correspondence. The individual must be well-founded in the English language, both written & oral. Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus.
The ability to correctly apply engineering mathematical fundamentals such as basic math concepts, including but not limited to algebra/trigonometry/geometry/calculus.
Must possess the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, illustrated, sketch or diagram form. The individual must have the ability to deal with a variety of problems that may occur, from people issues to interdepartmental conflict to multitasking assignments to resource limitations.
The individual must be PC literate and have a working knowledge of an MRP2/ERP manufacturing SW such as MS Dynamics AX, Microsoft Office, and other software packages.
Must embody the characteristics of reliability, professionalism, and ethics.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, talk, and listen. The employee is occasionally required to sit, use hands to finger manipulation, handle, feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment described here is representative of those an employee will encounter while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Please click here to apply: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/7bb23ea3