Assemble mechanical and electrical components, parts, equipment, and their subassemblies into completed steam generators. Work is guided by the Company’s blueprints, photos, other written/verbal specifications, and/or instruction. The following duties are included in the required capabilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Organizes work area to accommodate efficient completion of assigned tasks.
- Capable of reading, understanding, interpreting, and following the company’s mechanical & electrical, blueprints, production software, work instructions, and photos in English to permit efficient work flow.
- Capable of learning and using the company’s production control software (MS AX2012).
- Conduct mechanical & electrical assembly procedures, following specifications, drawings and/or instructions.
- Clean and inspect parts to allow proper assembly of tight tolerance parts.
- Drills, taps, or reams holes through and into metal and plastic components.
- Align stationary components for mechanical assembly using bolting, screwing, or riveting.
- Install moving parts, such as shafts, levers, links, and/or bearings.
- Test motion for freedom of movement and interference.
- Bends tubing and installs tube fittings and tubing for pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Cuts and threads pipe then assembles pipe, pipe fittings, and mechanical components.
- Prepare flexible tubing & hoses using crimp or clamp type components and fittings.
- Uses alignment tools to properly align drive motors/shafts to hydraulic pumps for installation of couplings.
- Pulls & terminates conduit & wiring to & from junction and control boxes, then terminates pulled wiring on terminal blocks and connectors. Installs electromechanical & electronic components.
- Disassembles & tags finished products; then cleans paints & prepares disassembled products for shipping.
- Tests or assists in testing operation of completed steam generators and water treatment packages.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or training required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Two-year certificate from a recognized junior college or technical school; or thirty six to forty eight months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend in English simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to coherently write instructions, fills out forms, or test reports, and composes simple correspondence in English. Efficiently convey verbal/written instructions or information in English to their supervisor, engineering, or fellow workers in a small group environment.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Understand and calculate rates, ratios, and percentages; and create charts & bar graphs. Convert English units & dimensions to and from metric units and dimensions.
Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or verbal instructions. Analyze problems involving a few given variables in normal daily work situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of production control software that includes looking up Bills of Material, part description, component locations, and order processing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds or more operate a forklift, overhead cranes, personnel lifts, and hand driven material movers; and navigate ladders. The individual cannot have any balance issues or fear of heights.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is exposed to high precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Candidate must have their own basic tools.
To apply for this position, please click on this link: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/1ee86464