Summary: Plans and conducts activities concerned with the quality assurance of industrial processes, materials, and products by performing the following duties. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Beyond those listed below, other duties may be assigned by management at their discretion.
- Interprets engineering drawings/sketches/illustrations, schematic diagrams, build instructions, ASME standards for welding & welder qualifications, and confers with QA management and/or engineering to determine quality standards applicable.
- Plans and conducts the analysis, inspection, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of the assigned product or component.
- Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
- Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
- Reviews all purchased products or components and provide input to the decision of whether to accept the product and future purchases from the vendor.
- Prepares Non-Conforming Inspection Reports (NCRs) as necessary.
- Documents data obtained during all quality assurance activities, consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities.
- Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
- Prepares reports to communicate involvement and results of quality assurance activities.
- Prepares and presents technical and program information to team members and management.
- Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance codes and standards.
- Works with the ASME/National Board, Hartford, and other third-party inspectors.
Summary: Performs variety of tasks including installation of apparatus and control instrumentation used to test experimental or prototype mechanical, electrical, electromechanical, hydro-mechanical, or structural products, and conducts tests and records results by performing the following duties. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Confers with engineering personnel to resolve fabrication problems relating to specifications and to review test plans such as types and cycles of tests, conditions under which tests are to be conducted, and duration of tests.
- Examines parts for conformance with dimensional specifications.
- Coordinates and participates in installing unit or system to be tested connecting valves, pumps, hydraulic, mechanical or electrical controls, cabling, tubing, power source, and indicating instruments.
- Activates controls to apply electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or mechanical power and subject test item to successive steps in test cycle.
- Monitors controls and instruments and records test data for engineer's use.
- Troubleshoots equipment malfunction such as valves, gaskets, gas pressure and air flow servos, nozzles, burner units, pumps, electric motors and electric control panels.
- Testing will occur using natural gas, propane, heavy oil or diesel fuel.
- Perform hydrostatic testing of boilers.
- Employee will be required to use natural gas, diesel, electricity, steam, compressed air and hot water for generator testing.
- Experience with Low emission burners and related equipment is a plus but not a requirement.
- Must have good communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with ability to read blueprint/schematics, sketch specifications.