Summary: Assemble mechanical and electrical components, parts, equipment, and their subassemblies into completed steam generators. Work is guided by the Company’s blueprints, photos, other written/verbal specifications, and/or instruction. The following duties are included in the required capabilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Organizes work area to accommodate efficient completion of assigned tasks.
- Capable of following the company’s mechanical & electrical blueprints in English to permit efficient work flow.
- Conduct mechanical & electrical assembly procedures, following specifications, drawings and/or instructions.
- Drills, taps, or reams holes through and into metal and plastic components.
- Align stationary components for mechanical assembly using bolting, screwing, or riveting.
- Install moving parts, such as shafts, levers, links, and/or bearings.
- Cuts and threads pipe then assembles pipe, pipe fittings, and mechanical components.
- Pulls & terminates conduit & wiring to & from junction and control boxes, then terminates pulled wiring on terminal blocks and connectors. Installs electromechanical & electronic components.
- Disassembles & tags finished products; then cleans paints & prepares disassembled products for shipping.
- Tests or assists in testing operation of completed steam generators and water treatment packages.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or training required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Two-year certificate from a recognized junior college or technical school; or twenty four to thirty six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend in English simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or verbal instructions. Analyze problems involving a few given variables in normal daily work situations.
Other Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, operate a forklift, and navigate ladders. The individual cannot have any balance issues or fear of heights.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is exposed to high precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
To apply for this position, please click on this link: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/ca8c4589